TITLE: Mathematics Teacher
1. Valid State Teacher Certification Granted by the Professional Teaching
2. Bachelor’s Degree with major or minor in mathematics
3. Highly Qualified Status as determined by the PTSB
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB GOAL: To help each pupil develop competence in basic mathematical skills and an understanding of the structure of mathematics; to motivate each pupil to apply mathematical understanding and skills in the solution of practical problems; to encourage pupils to develop their special talents in the field of mathematics.
1. Teaches courses in mathematics to secondary pupils, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate curriculum publications as guidelines in teaching individual course content.
2. Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
3. Develops lesson plans and appropriate instructional aids stressing “discovery” and laboratory learning methods.
4. Demonstrates mathematical concepts using models, other available technology methods and other standard or teacher-prepared instructional aids.
5. Provides opportunities when needed for individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
6. Designs learning activities that will relate mathematics to the physical world.
7. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
8. Evaluates each pupil’s progress in mathematical knowledge and skills.
9. Selects and requisitions books an instructional aids, and instructional supplies and maintains required inventory records.
10. Communicates with parents to interpret contemporary methods in teaching mathematics and with parents and school counselors to discuss the individual pupil’s progress.
11. Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
12. Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned work day.
13. Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
14. Shares in the sponsorship of student activities such as mathematics teams and participates in faculty committees.
15. Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district, and/or in self-selected professional growth activities.
16. Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which he/she will be evaluated in conformance with district guidelines.
17. Performs other duties as many, from time to time be assigned by the supervisor.