General Statement of Responsibilities: The job of Teach was established for the purposes of providing support to the instructional process by serving as a teacher with specific responsibility for supervising students within the classroom and other assigned areas; developing lesson plans and delivering group an individual student instruction within established curriculum guidelines; collaborating with other teachers, other professional staff, and administrators in addressing instructional and/or classroom issues; and responding to wide range of inquiries from students’ parents or guardians regarding instructional program and student progress. This job reports to Principal.
· Administers and develops subject specific assessments for the purpose of assessing student competency levels and/or developing individual learning plans.
· Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations; student’s achievements; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
· Assesses student progress towards objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents, and administration.
· Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school improvement plan.
· Counsels students for the purpose of improving performance, health status, problem solving techniques and a variety of personal issues.
· Demonstrates and differentiates methods required to perform classroom and/or subject specific assignments for the purpose of providing an effective program that addressing individual student requirement.
· Instructs students for the purpose of improving their success in academics through a defined course of study.
· Manages student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
· Monitors students in a variety of educational environments (e.g. classroom, school grounds, hallways, restrooms, field trips, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
· Participates in a variety of meetings and professional development activities for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
· Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. grades, lesson plans following scope and sequence, correspondence with parents and students, examinations and quizzes, attendance anecdotal records, etc.) for the purpose of documenting student progress and meeting mandated requirements.
· Reports incidents (e.g. fights, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, harassment, zero tolerance offenses etc.) for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of students, providing a positive learning environment and adhering to state law and board policies.
· Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
· Responds to inquires from a Variety of sources (e.g. other teachers, parents, administrators, students, central office staff, etc.) for the purpose of resolving issues, providing information and/or direction.
· Compiles student data from local and school-wide assessments and adjust instruction accordingly to improve student outcomes.
· Directs assistant teachers, student teachers, instructional assistants, volunteers and/or student workers for the purpose of providing an effective classroom program and addressing the needs of individual students.
· Performs other related duties as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
· Supports other classroom teachers for the purpose of assisting them in the implementation of established curriculum and/or individual student plans.
Job Requirement: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Skills are required to perform multiple, highly complex, technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: applying assessment instruments; operating standard office equipment including using pertinent software applications; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
Knowledge is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percent, and/or ratios; read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: appropriate codes, policies, regulations and/or laws; age appropriate activities; lesson plan requirements; stages of child development; and behavioral management strategies.
Ability is required to schedule activities, meetings, and/or events; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and us job-related equipment. Flexibility to required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; analyze data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals and/or groups; Work with data of varied types and/or purposes;and utilitze specific, job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving eith data frequently requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is moderate. Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include:
establishing and maintaining constructive relationships; adapting to changing work priorities; maintaining confidentiality; exhibiting tact and patience; and working flexible hours.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods; directing other persons within a small work unit; and tracking budget expenditures. Utilization of resources from other work units is often required to perform the job’s functions. There is some opportunity to significantly impact the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 40% sitting, 20% walking, and 40% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Experience: Job related experience is required.
Education: Bachelors degree in job related area.
Equivalency: None Specified
Continuing Educ./Training: Maintain Licensure
Certificates & Licenses: Teachers Certification and/or License
Clearances: Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance