General Statement of Responsibilities: The Theodore Roosevelt Boarding School which serves a student enrollment (on average) of 120 students, grades 6th through 8th, is located on the historical Fort Apache Grounds on the White Mountain Apache Indian Reservation in Northeast Arizona. This educational facility consists of a Main School building, Cafeteria/Kitchen, and a multi-level Student Dormitory. The Facilities Manager will supervise a staff of bus drivers, night security guards, maintenance/custodians, and also workers that are assigned from the Tribal Work Incentive Act (WIA) Program.
Qualifications: Education, Training and Experience
CDL is recommended Associates Degree in Construction Technology or related field and reasonable Facilities Maintenance knowledge (5-7 years) involving the maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds, as well as experience in supervising a staff of maintenance personnel is preferred; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the above noted knowledge, skills and abilities. In addition, must be proficient with Excel, Word and other applicable computer programs and be able to pass a Word and Excel test.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide supervision over Student Transportation Services, School Security Personnel, Janitorial Services, and Maintenance Personnel
· Provide supervision over WIA tribal workers that were assigned to the school to help with maintenance/custodial duties
· Monitor the maintenance of the school grounds that included football and softball fields
· Provide preventive maintenance on three (3) diesel boilers located at each building
· Service all radiator type wall heating units throughout the facilities
· Develop maintenance schedules on various projects with all facilities staff
· Ensure that the custodial duties were performed on a daily basis throughout the facilities
· Monitor the water distribution system throughout the school campus
· Administer the Facilities Management Information System (FMIS) using MAXIMO a computer software program for monitoring all physical plant inventory and daily work tickets
· Work closely with the school principal to coordinate and ensure that the facilities were ready to accommodate all student extracurricular activities
· Made sure that all bus drivers maintained all necessary licensures (i.g. Commercial Driver Certification)
· Maintained all school vehicles for proper services, current plate tags, and registration
· Assist the Principal with student activities i.e. social dances, athletics, and special events
· Assist the Educational Programs on occasion to give motivational lectures to students in building self-esteem and respect
An annual physical examination is required. Incumbents may be required to wear personal protective equipment as necessary. Incumbents must be able to lift over 50 pounds and be in excellent physical condition. Good distance vision and the ability to read without strain standards type-written text are required (glasses permitted). Ability to hear the conversational voice with or without a hearing aid. Incumbents may be required to travel for training purposes.