EMPLOYEE VALUE PROPOSITION
Jefferson County School District is committed to seeing every student realize their full potential while receiving a top-tier education. Our small Central Oregon community is rich in culture and beauty, providing some of the greatest assets Oregon has to offer. You’ll find breathtaking views, an abundance of outdoor activities and plenty of unique and enriching community events. It’s the perfect place to make an impact on the world, one student at a time.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have Oregon teaching license; Have three years of successful teaching experience; experience working with challenging behaviors and special education endorsement preferred.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE REQUIRED/DESIRED: Jefferson County School District is seeking a highly qualified Behavior Specialist located at Warm Springs K-8 Academy for grades K-4th.
- Knowledgeable about differentiated instructional strategies for students
- Focus consistently on students’ needs and creates a positive and supportive learning environment
- Ability to use effective instructional strategies and techniques for at-risk learners
- Provide consultative and direct services to school district staff with regard to managing the behavior issues of students who are at-risk
- Develop and recommend behavioral interventions or strategies using assessment data, observations and relevant medical and developmental history
This candidate will need to demonstrate support for the District Core Values in the following manner:
- Interacts with colleagues, community members, students and parents in a respectful and trustworthy manner
- Possess an awareness and sensitivity to a variety of cultural practices and values
- Collaborates with peers, parents, students and community members
Actively seek out professional development opportunities
- Is accountable for actions and follows through on personal and professional goals
- Consistently sets high expectations for self, peers, and students
Assesses personal performance and student outcomes for improvement
- Highly organized and efficient with paperwork responsibilities
- Meet requirements of OAR 584-020-0035 The Ethical Educator.
- Adheres to Federal Law, State Law and Oregon Administrative Rules in carrying out programs as assigned.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are required to apply at the following link: http://jeffersonco.tedk12.com/hire with online application, letter of interest, current resume, letters of recommendations, references and copies of transcripts.
Visit our website at: http://jcsd.k12.or.us/
Jefferson County School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer