POSITION SUMMARY for FIFTH GRADE TEACHER
We seek a Fifth Grade Teacher that wants to be a part of a team that is eager to serve our community and is
excited to foster and facilitate the intellectual and social development of the children. The chosen candidate is
responsible for providing the tools and the environment for students to develop into responsible people and the
skills to succeed socially and academically. Teacher will plan, implement and assess lessons and are expected
to teach children with patience and creativity. The ability to work in the K5+ Summer Program is a plus.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
● Plan, evaluate, and implement curriculum in alignment with the Common Core State Standards, and
the school’s approved curricular frameworks
● Collaborate with NACA Elementary teachers and staff during professional development.
Guide all students through Literacy development that incorporates appropriate strategies
● Effectively plan and assess writing process for students.
● Introduce children to mathematics, language, science, and social studies
● Plan, Create, and Assess integrated units around NACA Core Values.
● Use a variety of activities and instructional methods (songs, stories, media, structured games, art,
outdoor activities etc) to motivate and stimulate children’s learning
● Differentiate instruction based on students’ varying needs and interest
● Teach letter recognition, phonics, numbers, and awareness of nature and science
● Follow and comply with teaching standards and safety regulations
● Maintain grade books and attendance records
● Complete progress reports in preparation for parent/teacher meetings
● Create lesson plans and organize curriculum resources.
● Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the
● Assess students’ performance and monitor progress to ensure they are mastering the skills on regular
● Monitor children’s interactions and nurture cooperation and sharing
● Manage student behavior in the classroom by utilizing approved disciplinary procedures
● Other tasks as assigned
● Bachelor’s or higher in Elementary Education
● 3 years of Early Elementary experience
● 3 years of Curriculum design experience
● 3+ years Experience with Cultural Awareness of Native American students and communities
● Experience in designing lesson plans in accordance to CCSS
● Experience in progress monitoring, assessment and data use that lead to an increase in student achievement.
CERTIFICATES and LICENSES:
New Mexico Teacher’s certification for specific area aligned with Tier III Requirements (i.e. Level I, Level II,
Is under the direction of the NACA Elementary Head of School
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS:
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience and certification. In addition, a
comprehensive benefits package is included
COMMITMENT to DIVERSITY:
NACA seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position, particularly those with
a demonstrable and deep commitment to Native American communities and students. We are committed to
maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
To apply, please download an application at www.nacaschool.org
Complete and send the application, along with your resume/CV
and a short letter of interest to the Elementary Head of School, Zane Rosette, at email@example.com.