Applications will be accepted through February 7, 2021.
Please apply directly through this link: https://msd25.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=2586
The Executive Director leads the District’s efforts to:
- Build a culture of equity and inclusion for all students, families, and employees
- Assist educators in creating culturally supportive learning environments
- Develop, organize and implement professional development opportunities for building and program staff
- Collaborate with district administrators to develop, lead, and implement a systemic process to identify and address racial inequities and other experiences that prevent students from engaging in school
- Coordinate opportunities for students across the District for development of student leadership, personal advocacy, and equity
- Collaborate with The Executive Director of Human Resources to create a District Equity Policy that aligns with the strategic plan and leads a District Equity Advisory Committee to support future work as directed by the Board/Superintendent.
The Executive Director of Equity and Family Engagement will provide coordination, consultation and assistance to the superintendent and the cabinet team to create sustainable and equitable strategies and models for cultural competency equity and diversity matters related to students, staff, and families. The position serves as the District’s leader for equity goals, including:
- Working collaboratively with policy-makers to add to the District’s diversity, equity and outreach efforts aimed at improving the workplace climate and learning environment
- Utilizing relevant data resources to track and analyze diversity, as well as the impact of equity and outreach strategies within the district and community.
- Embedding equity/culturally responsive practices in current district professional development offerings to all staff.
- Working with administration and staff to provide instructional leadership for student learning to help close the achievement gap.
- Researching and identifying the processes, procedures and practices that result in equitable educational outcomes.
- Providing leadership for curriculum, assessment, implementation, and evaluation of staff.
This position also reviews and monitors grant programs and funds for compliance and recommends modification as needed. Locates, pursues, and obtains funding sources. Leads and manages assigned program budgets expenditures. Evaluates, supervises, Directors of Categorical Programs and other support staff. The Executive Director establishes work duties and performance standards for staff. Conducts and oversees performance evaluations, and initiates and implements disciplinary actions as warranted. Addresses employee concerns and other sensitive personnel matters.
- Demonstrated ability to bring people and resources together around best practices
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people, maintain positive working relationships, and solve problems
- Effective oral and written communications
- High level of integrity and a commitment to do what you said you would do
- Demonstrated ability to model listening to and to partner with students, staff, and adults from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrated excellence as a teacher of adults, professional developer, and instructional coach
- Demonstrated ability to create a community of practice focused on quality instruction and learning
- Demonstrated ability in developing productive working relationships with district administration, teachers, support staff, parents, students, and support agencies
- Skill and experience in implementing best practices in teaching & learning
- Experience in implementing curriculum, assessment, instruction that improve learning performance
- Effective oral and written communications.