6-12 SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER: Full-time 10-month school year position.
• Instructor will work with special needs students in grades 6-12 in pull-out and inclusion settings.
• Must have knowledge of Special Education Process Law, I.E.P. Development and Student Support Team Process.
• Maintain Special Education documentation, lead IEP meetings, data collection and administer select assessments for evaluations.
• Involvement with Special Education portion of ISEP count.
• Ability to work in team approach with regular education/counseling staff assisting mainstreamed students in their education plan.
• Ability to collaborate in team approach with special ed. colleagues, regular education staff, parents, support services staff and therapists to meet SWD needs and services.
• Knowledge of life skills, career planning, and adapting Ojibwe culture-based and other curriculum to the Special Education Programing.
• Certification in any of Cross Categorical #1801, Emotional Disabilities #1830 or Learning Disabilities #1811 required.
Please submit a letter of interest, LCO School-Waadookodaading job application forms, resume and credentials to:
Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe School
8575 N Trepania Rd.
Hayward, WI. 54843-2191
ATTN: Preston Larson-HR Director
• Background investigation, drug test
• Experience working with native children preferred.
• Must be supportive of the philosophy, concept, policy and procedures of the Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe-Waadookodaading School.