K-8 SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER: Full-time 10-month school year position.
• Instructor will work with all special needs students in grades K-8.
• Must have knowledge of Special Education Law, I.E.P. Development and Student Support Team Process.
• Involvement with Special Education portion of ISEP count.
• Ability to work in team approach with regular education/counseling staff assisting mainstreamed students in their education plan.
• Knowledge of life skills, career planning, and adapting Ojibwe culture-based and other curriculum to the Special Education Program.
• Responsible for record-keeping of the aforementioned classes, i.e.: attendance, grade reports, quarterly reports, class scheduling, progress reports, etc.
• Responsible for ordering classroom, curriculum and resource materials.
• WI. certification in any of Cross Categorical #1801, Emotional Disabilities #1830 or Learning Disabilities #1811 required.