9-12 ENGLISH TEACHER:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Directly responsible to the K-12 Principal.
· Responsible for curriculum/lesson plans for the instruction of, but not limited to: 9th, 10th, Honors, Native American Literature, World Literature. Assist with yearbook.
· Responsible for record-keeping of the aforementioned English classes, i.e.: attendance, grade reports, quarterly reports, class scheduling, deficiency reports, etc.
· Assists in before school and noon hall monitoring.
· Meets with parents, in conjunction with the Principal and Counselor regarding student deficiency reports, disciplinary measures and attendance.
· Works with the Home/School Coordinator, Special Education Staff and Counselor re: parent home visits and in-school conferences.
· Acts as high school student advisor.
· Attends staff meetings.
· Responsible for ordering classroom, curriculum, resource materials for English department.
· Assists in school events such as, but not limited to: Assemblies, powwows, feasts awards programs, prom, banquets and graduations.
· Wisconsin license; 1300 or 1301 or equivalent required.
· Experience/training in Trauma Informed Care, Google Classroom, Virtual Teaching experience.
· Coaching/Extra Curricular preferred.
· Experience with Native American youth preferred.
· Must be supportive of the philosophy, concept, policy and procedures of the Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe School.
· Native American preference in employment.
8575 N Trepania Rd, Hayward, WI 54843