SCHOOL NURSE: Full-time, 10-month school year position
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Directly responsible to the K-12 Principal.
· Daily work assignment from the K-12 Principal.
· Manager of health care within the school setting: work closely with school personnel, referrals to medical, dental, other health resources.
· Deliverer of health services: physical and nursing assessments, care plans, emergency care and first aid plans, based on need.
· Administration of medications and treatments per medical plan of care.
· Detect and provide initial treatment for acute illnesses, with referrals based on need.
· Height and weight measurements and growth assessments.
· Any screenings and appropriate follow-ups.
· Assists with visual and hearing screening. Follow-up referrals
· Communicable disease control: detection and appropriate referrals, follow-up of school absences.
· Development and follow-up of immunization program.
· Advocate for health rights of students.
· Advocate for the school health program.
· Counselor for health concerns of students, staff and parents.
· Educator through health education programs.
· Staff in-services on health programs.
· Assist with the development and implementation of K-12 health education curriculum.
· Maintains completeness and confidentiality of health records.
· Must possess one of the following: RN, LPN, CNA or equivalent.
· Experience working with American Indian children preferred.
· Must possess strong oral/written communication, organizational, time/resource management and planning, skills.
· Must possess strong computer skills: Email, Databases, Access, Word and Excel.
· Native American preference in employment.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: ALL POSITIONS
Background investigation, drug test
Experience working with native children preferred.
Must be supportive of the philosophy, concept, policy and procedures of the Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe School-Waadookodaading.
Please submit a letter of interest, LCO School-Waadookodaading job application forms, resume and credentials to:
Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe School
8575 N Trepania Rd. POSITION: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Hayward, WI. 54843-2191
ATTN: Preston Larson-HR Director