Application link: https://busd40.tedk12.com/hire/Index.aspx
Prepare lesson plans and instruct students. Evaluate and monitor students’ performance.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
A valid Arizona teaching certificate is required. Elementary Certification K-8. Valid Arizona DPS Fingerprint Card. Proof of immunity
to rubeola (measles) and rubella (German Measles), or proof of MMR immunization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS THE LIST OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE AND MAY BE SUPPLEMENTED.
- Prepare lesson plans and instruct students in accordance with established curriculum and student need.
- Assess student needs and performance. Develop, implement, and evaluate daily lesson plans, to include scheduled activities and materials. Modify instruction to meet the needs of each child.
- Plan, organize and display classroom materials appropriate to curricular activities.
- Uses and implement classroom management techniques to maintain organization, orderliness, student safety, and productive learning
- Plans instruction and implement instructional techniques to encourage and motivate students.
- Evaluate students’ performance regarding achievements in curriculum and activities. Make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Ensure parents and students are informed of methods of evaluation used in the classroom.
- Inform parents of student progress and school activities. Advise parents of instructional methods that may assist the student.
- Participates as a member of an instructional team to promote learning activities for students, consistent with district and school education
- Notify the site administrator of the special needs of students who display characteristics that vary from the norm.
- Collaborate with specialists as needed to assist students.
- Observe the behavior of children in the classroom and on the playground.
- May monitor the activities of a teacher assistant and classroom volunteers.
Communicates – verbally and in writing. Reads. Analyze and evaluate student progress and course curriculum. Develop, implement, and evaluate plans. Manages classroom. Promotes learning and ensures safety. Perform functions from written and oral instructions and from observing and listening to others. Evaluate written materials to include written assignments and tests.
Work involves the performance of duties where physical exertion is not normally required to perform all aspects of the job. Assistance is available as required to perform physically demanding tasks. Work involves sitting for extended periods of time, requires moving from one location to another, reaching, stooping, bending, and holding and grasping objects. Visual weakness must not prohibit the performance of assigned duties. Verbal communicative ability may be required of public contact positions.
EQUIPMENT, AIDS, TOOLS, MATERIALS
Uses whiteboard, bulletin board, instructional, or office equipment, such as telephones, computers, copiers, and associated classroom technology.
Indoor – classroom environment. Outdoor – all weather conditions and temperatures. Contact with the public, employees, students, and parents.
Monitor control of students, volunteers, and/or assistants in the classroom, playground, field-trips, lunchroom, library, school buses, and other areas.
OTHER INFORMATION REQUIRED
Candidates called for an interview will be required to submit a portfolio with “Academic Achievement Data” (e.g. AIMS, DIBELS, Galileo, etc.) for the past two years.
- New Teacher Induction
- Differentiated Professional Development
- Commuter Bus from Tucson
- Affordable Teacher Housing, if available
- Employee Medical Insurance
The Baboquivari Unified School District is an Equal Opportunity/Voluntary Affirmative Action Employer.
The Baboquivari Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, religion/religious beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or national origin. Additional information on the District’s “Non-Discrimination Policy” can be view online at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mvr1O8G_Vy78ObFNRvdB_BoN2-beile_/view