Instructional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Structures a physical classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction and maximizes student learning.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school’s standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve an optimal learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student’s needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Uses prescribed curriculum materials in conformity with District expectations.
- Ensures student attainment of subject area objectives.
- Provides a variety of planned learning experiences using a range of instructional techniques in order to motivate students and best utilize time for instruction.
- Collaborates with other elementary professional staff members, especially within grade level, to evaluate and assess curriculum, plan instruction, design common formative assessments, and examine student work and assessment results to improve their own and others’ effectiveness.
- Effectively meets the academic and social needs of each student through differentiated practices.
- Establishes a system of student evaluation within guidelines prescribed by the District.
- Is available for counseling with students and parents during preparation periods as well as before and after school.
- Participates in the development and revision of course outlines for classes taught. This shall include goals and performance objectives for students, course content and learning activities, evaluative procedures, and instructional materials.
- Creates a sense of belonging and a welcoming environment for all students and staff.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with building and District staff.
- Engages in faculty meetings and committees.
- Follows and abides by District policies.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Elementary Education or related discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade levels preferred.
- Valid Iowa teaching license or the ability to obtain one prior to the start of the school year.
- Ability to pass a background check required.